The European Vulture Conference 2023, held in Cáceres between 14-17 November, is quickly approaching, providing an exceptional platform for vulture conservationists and researchers to unite and share their experiences and research findings. If you work with vultures, this is your final opportunity to submit your abstract and showcase your work in vulture biology, ecology, and conservation on a global scale.
The deadline for all abstract submissions is just one week away, on Thursday, 18 June 2023.
What abstracts are accepted?
At the European Vulture Conference, we welcome diverse abstract submissions.
In addition to traditional scientific papers, the conference values various abstract submissions, including applied research, project reporting, and practical conservation and management practices.
We welcome abstracts on various vulture-related topics, such as methods for monitoring vulture populations, evaluating reintroduction programmes, assessing environmental impacts, managing feeding stations, and more. While high-level scientific analysis and statistical studies are not mandatory, well-structured abstracts based on properly implemented projects and initiatives are encouraged. It’s important to note that these projects and initiatives don’t need to be published in academic journals.
Opportunities at the Conference
Presenting your work at the conference offers numerous opportunities!
- Contribute to global vulture conservation: Share your work and help shape diverse and impactful discussions at the European Vulture Conference 2023.
- Expand your network: Connect with experts from around the globe, fostering collaborations and expanding your professional connections.
- Stay informed about the latest research and conservation practices: Gain insights into the latest advancements through presentations by leading experts in the field.
- Enhance your professional profile: Showcase your expertise and contribution to vulture conservation to a global audience.
How to Submit an Abstract
To submit your abstract, please follow these simple steps:
- Fill out the Abstract Submission Form by the deadline on 18 June.
- Ensure your abstract is written in English and does not exceed 300 words. All talks and presentations should be delivered in English.
- You can submit multiple abstracts, but please note that you can only present one oral presentation and one poster.
- The first author will receive notification of abstract acceptance and the assigned presentation format by the end of July 2023.
Take advantage of this chance to contribute to vulture conservation and connect with other experts in the field. We eagerly await your submission before the approaching deadline.
Help spread the word
If you know someone who may be interested in sharing their work at the European Vulture Conference, we would be incredibly grateful if you could pass along this information to them. You can also be crucial in spreading the word and supporting our vulture conservation efforts by sharing this post on social media or via email. Thank you for your support!
The European Vulture Conference 2023
The European Vulture Conference 2023 is returning and will be held in Cáceres, Spain, from 14 to 17 November 2023. This event is the ultimate gathering for vulture conservationists, researchers and enthusiasts alike. It presents an unparalleled opportunity to collaborate with peers, hear from renowned experts and gain valuable insights into the latest advancements in vulture conservation and research across Europe and beyond.
The conference’s extensive and diverse programme features regular presentations, speed talks, and posters, providing a platform for presenting a wide range of works. Several workshops will offer focused discussions on specific research and conservation topics with relevant experts to advance vulture research and conservation efforts to the next level. Aside from the scientific programme, attendees can also enjoy cultural visits, a conference dinner, and field trips to explore the vulture-rich region of Extremadura.
Take advantage of the early-bird registration period before they expire on 31 July 2023 to secure discounted prices.
The European Vulture Conference 2023 is organised by the Vulture Conservation Foundation within the framework of LIFE Aegypius Return, co-funded by the European Union’s LIFE Programme. It is also receiving significant support from the Junta de Extremadura, Diputación de Cáceres and Birding in Extremadura.