V.1 [Last updated on July 2021]
The Vulture Conservation Foundation (“VCF”, “we”, “us”, “our”, “Organisation”), is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) committed to the conservation of Europe’s vulture species.
Thank You for choosing to learn more about our work and vultures by visiting www.4vultures.org (the “Website”). The purpose of this Website, includes but it’s not limited to, detailing our work, raising awareness about vulture species and sharing relevant news.
We here at the VCF greatly appreciate the support of individuals like You to carry out our vital conservation work. That is why we wish to be completely transparent about why we need the personal details we request when engaging with us and how we will use them. We are committed to protecting Your personal information and Your right to privacy. If You have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to Your personal information, please send us an email.
In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to the User (“User”, “You”, “Your” means a person, organization or entity accessing or using the Website) in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights You have in relation to it when You visit our Website, and more generally, use any of our Services (the “Services”, which include the Website). Please take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that You do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services, as well as, any related Services, communication or events.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information You disclose to us:
We collect personal information that You voluntarily provide to us when You express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when You participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when You contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of Your interactions with us and the Website, the choices You make and the products and features You use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; contact preferences; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; and other similar information.
Payment Data. If You make a donation, we may collect the necessary data to process Your transaction, such as name, surname, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and the amount paid. However, we do not directly store or process Your payment data, such as credit card numbers, as we rely on third-party companies to do that.
- For Bank Transfers, all payment data is stored and processed by our banks:
- For the bank ‘Triodos Bank N.V.’ in the Netherlands, please see their privacy notice link here: https://www.triodos.nl/over-triodos-bank/privacyverklaring-triodos-bank
- For the bank ‘CaixaBank, S.A.’ in Spain, please see their privacy notice link here: https://www.caixabank.es/particular/general/privacidad.html
- For the bank ‘PostFinance Ltd’ in Switzerland, please see their privacy notice link here: https://www.postfinance.ch/en/detail/data-protection.html
- For PayPal money transfers, all payment data is stored and processed by PayPal. You may find more information here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
- For Facebook donations, all payment data is stored and processed by Facebook and then ‘Triodos Bank N.V.’ (see above for more details). You may find more information: https://www.facebook.com/payments_terms.
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when You:
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via email.
- Use or view our Website via Your browser’s cookies.
- Subscribe to our newsletter and become part of our email list.
- Make a charitable donation to our organisation.
- Register online for either physical or virtual events we organise.
All personal information that You provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and You must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Our Company may also receive Your data automatically and indirectly from the following source:
- Google Analytics tracks Users and collects data about their behaviour to provide insights such as how many Users You have, where they are from, and which pages they click on. Read how Google Analytics process and collect data. If You don’t want Your data to be used by Google Analytics, You can opt-out.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to You: We may use Your personal information to send You product, Service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services: We may use Your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To send You informational communications: We may use the personal information You send to us for our communication purposes, if this is in accordance with Your contact preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about our us or our Website, subscribing to the newsletter or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from You if You give us Your consent. You can update Your preferences or unsubscribe from the email list by clicking the relevant hyperlinks found in the footer of the emails we send to You.
- We use Flodesk for our email marketing service. By clicking to subscribe to our mailing list, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Flodesk for processing. You can learn more about Flodesk’s privacy practices here. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us or by contacting us. We will treat your information with respect.
- Deliver targeted campaigns to You. We may use Your information to develop and display personalised content and campaign tailored to Your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other purposes. We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, communication and Your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end Users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without Your consent.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with Your consent, to comply with laws, to provide You with Services, to protect Your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The VCF securely stores Your data on password-protected computer systems
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep Your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
The VCF would like to send You information about the work and campaigns relevant to our work, projects and vulture species that we think You might be interested in, as well as those of our relevant partners.
If You have agreed to receive marketing (such as email newsletter), You may always opt out at a later date.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Our Company would like to make sure You are fully aware of all of Your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of Your personal data. We may charge You a small fee for this Service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information You believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information You believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase Your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of Your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of Your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to You, under certain conditions.
If You make a request, we have one month to respond to You. If You would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.
Cookies are text files placed on Your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When You visit our Websites, we may collect information from You automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how You use our Website
- Understanding the general audience that uses our Website through third-party cookies
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our Website uses:
Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise You on our Website and remember Your previously selected preferences. These could include what language You prefer and location You are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
This Website uses Google Analytics that use “cookies”. The information generated by the cookie (including the truncated IP address) about the use of the Website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google Analytics extension on this Website ensures an anonymisation of the IP address and excludes a direct personal reference. On behalf of the site operator, Google will use the information collected to evaluate the use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activity and to provide other Website and Internet related Services to the site operator. The interests of the Users are adequately protected by the pseudonymisation of their data.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can set Your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our Website features may not function as a result.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES